Want to turn a normally healthy food into something unhealthy and delicious, without having to go down to the local takeaway? Follow these instructions.
Fried rice is super-tasty and really simple to make. It works well as a side dish, or as the main event, especially if you are adding some protein into the mix.
- Long-grain rice
- Bean sprouts
- Garden peas
- Groundnut oil
- Pre-cook the rice. The instructions on the packet will explain how to do this will be on the side of the packet. Typically it will involve bringing a pan of water to boil and dropping the rice in for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok until it is nice and hot.
- Throw in the beansprouts and garden peas and stir fry them. By stir fry, I mean push around the pan a lot with a wooden spoon.
- Throw the rice in too and give it another two minutes.
- Make a hole in the centre of the pan, then crack and egg and drop the contents into the hole.
- Give the egg a minute or two to cook, then rough it up with a fork until it is lots of little pieces.
- Mix everything together and serve.
Don't have time to check my blog? Get a weekly email with all the new posts. This is my personal blog, so obviously it is 100% spam free.
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 5th, 2017 at 11:00 am and is filed under Food. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.